May 2, 2024

Ao Chi - Part 1

I am probably the only creature that can still live peacefully despite having its "identity" taken away.

I used to be the owner of "Unceasing," but now I am the owner of "Musheng." I used to be the exceptionally talented tree demon Shaluo with millennia of cultivation, but now I am just an ordinary person with less than a year of life left in this flesh and blood body if I can't "find myself" within this time frame. I used to be surrounded by numerous demons and rewarded with plenty of gold, but now, besides a part-time assistant in the shop making cotton candy, the only occasional customers are humans who come for fortune-telling.

That's right, I now make a living by selling cotton candy and doing tarot readings for people. Serious hard work and self-reliance. My fellow kin, that tree demon girl named Mu, used a not-so-clever trick to cheat me of my real body and human form. In simple terms, now she is the owner of "Unceasing," and she is the tree demon Shaluo. She has taken over everything of mine.

Speaking of it makes me feel depressed; I feel sorry for the gold that fell into someone else's pockets, and occasionally, I miss Fatty and Skinny. Without these two fools for me to boss around and bully, life has indeed become dull.

I tried to analyze Mu's psychology. She could easily take my life with just a flick of her little finger now. However, she insists on "preserving" me in a different way. I think she must have come across reactionary phrases like "it's far better to let someone live in pain than to let them die painlessly," and she's practicing it on me.

But is there really such a deep-seated hatred between us?

I simply dismissed the delusion of an immature little demon.

PreviousTOCNext

No comments:

Post a Comment