May 5, 2024

Ao Chi - Part 4

My birthday is not too far away, and I can smell the scent of winter. Outside the window, various colors transition from brilliance to monotony quietly. On the surface, I am "enjoying" my new life in peace, content with the hand I've been dealt, but in secret, I am contemplating ways to turn the tide.

Mu didn't do anything too out of line during this period. She just came to Musheng once, and still had that victor's attitude going. She was all smiles as she looked at me, and as if making small talk, remarked that Fatty and Skinny are really stupid. Apart from making desserts and chasing after girls, their IQ is practically zero, which really matches Unceasing's style. And then there are those demons who come seeking help, each one more ridiculous and troublesome than the last.

"Oh." I nibbled on the apple in my hand and said while eating, "If they were really smart, they wouldn't mistake you for me. It's tough for you to deal with those fools for me."

"Hehe." Mu stroked the long black hair that basically didn't belong to her, smiling, "I really like your body. It's so beautiful and has thousands of years of cultivation."

I munched on the apple, not bothering to look at her, and simply said, "I also think my body is extraordinarily good. But your own configuration is so low, aren't you afraid of incompatibility? Haha."

She sneered, stood behind me, and leaned down to whisper in my ear, "Big Sister, one day you'll come crying to me, just like I did back then."

I made no effort to respond.

"Oh, by the way, those demons who come knocking at your door, I'll take good care of them for you," she said before leaving, suddenly turning back with a playful wink, "Because I need them."

The word "need" was clearly a warning.

"All your current actions will come with a price in the future," I only threw these words at her.

"Aren't you the perfect embodiment of that statement?" She laughed heartily as she walked away.

This woman is so arrogant that I'll be lying if I say I'm not angry — I'm not God. However, the key point of our verbal battle wasn't who infuriated whom. Instead, it was her announcement of danger. I'm not sure why Mu has chosen to "hibernate" during this period, showing no unusual behavior. Still, I'm fully aware that everything she's doing goes beyond simple retaliation against me.

She mentioned having a master.

But what can I do now? Am I supposed to rush to put up a sign at Unceasing's main entrance proclaiming that the current proprietress Shaluo is a counterfeit, and both humans and demons must steer clear of her to avoid mishaps?

No one will believe me, not even Fatty and Skinny. At most, they'll think they saw a psychotic woman.

I'm imprisoned in Mu's human form. If no one recognizes my true identity and voluntarily calls out my name, let alone helping others, my own safety is in jeopardy.

But now who can recognize a me who is not me at all?

I've tried many methods, but none of them work. I've already contacted Jiu Jue on the sly, planning to tell him the whole story, betting that he'll believe me. As long as I have him on hand, even if he can't help me break Mu's poison curse and restore my true appearance, at least he can assist me with many things I can't do now. As a demon who has lost all her magic power, the only means to contact Jiu Jue is through the phone. However, his phone number is always "out of coverage area." God knows where that damn old fool ran off with his cell phone; did he travel back in time to see his rhinoceros disciple?! I had to give up on the idea of finding him. If things were like before, a simple paper charm would be enough; even if he was in the Eighteenth Hell, I could catch him and beat him up.

Sigh.

The only thing sustaining me is probably the reversed Death card in my bedroom. I recite the phrase "Fighting death for life" three times every night before going to bed.

PreviousTOCNext

No comments:

Post a Comment