June 23, 2024

Water Sacrifice - End

I held up a cup of clear water and sprinkled it from the highest spot of Mount Fulong.

The sunlight from the horizon pierced through every droplet, each containing a tiny yet dazzling rainbow.

This is my way of offering sacrifices to Zimiao.

Yesterday, I dreamt of Zimiao. He held Xuechang's hand, smiling as he walked towards me. That smile was as warm as ever.

The two of them only said one thing to me — thank you.

In the dream, there was also the figure of Zhuge Jingjun. I saw Zimiao take a glistening droplet from his own glabella and place it into a glass bracelet, which he then put on his daughter's wrist.

I asked him, What is this?

Zimiao smiled and said, this is the eye I left behind.

Then, I was rudely awakened by Ao Chi's loud voice.

Lately, he has been urging me to practice every day and teaching me many spells, regardless of whether I want to learn them or not.

I haven't set foot in Zhuge Manor, nor have I appeared in any way in Zhuge Jingjun's life again.

I've fulfilled my promise to Xuechang.

Today, Zhuge Jingjun no longer needs my protection; on the contrary, she is now protecting others.

However, the bug demons who have succumbed to my coercion will bring me news about her from time to time, free of charge.

Life is not a fairy tale; sometimes, we can't achieve the perfection we want.

Zhuge Jun has been in a coma since the Six Desires Fiend left his body, and the doctors have no solution.

Zhuge Jingjun has been by his side, putting her heart and soul into taking care of him, talking to him as one would with an ordinary person, and reading "Records of the Grand Historian" to him.

Time passes slowly in peace and tranquility.

It's just that there is a new wedding dress added to her wardrobe every year.

She says that one day, one of them will be worn by her.

Finally, I can rest assured. When a person learns to replace desire with hope, they have truly grown up.

Although I am only a tree demon, although I am not good enough yet, I am also learning to grow up, learning to hope, learning to forgive, learning to let go.

This path of growth is not easy.

But I will continue walking it.

This tree demon's future must be very different from the present.

PreviousTOCNext

No comments:

Post a Comment