May 4, 2024

Ao Chi - Part 3

Later, I never went to that low-lying area again. The locust tree's weeping and her isolated figure were quickly relegated to the back of my mind.

However, what I thought had faded from my memory has never faded from the other person's life for a moment.

I only discovered this problem millennia later.

I want to be like you...

Mu, your wish has finally come true.

I took a sip of tea and walked to the shop's entrance. The evening glow was strobing on the uneven skyline across the street. Because of this illumination, this inconspicuous and secluded little street seemed to have a hint of grand and magnificent vigor.

But at the edge of the sky, I seemed to see some turbulent undercurrents, gray-black waves of energy slowly gathering towards the brightest spot in the center and slowly nibbling away at it as if determined to win.

I rubbed my eyes and looked again. Everything on the horizon was normal, the sunset colors were unchanged, and it was still a beautiful normal evening.

Maybe I'm just hungry. As a mortal, I no longer possess the ability to observe the heavens and the earth. What I had just seen must have been my imagination.

Back in the store, I grabbed a few biscuits to fill my stomach. The strange feeling in my heart still lingered, so I simply took out my tarot cards, shuffled them randomly, cut the deck, and thinking about the "hallucination" I had just seen, drew the top card.

Looking at the card I flipped out, I was slightly stunned, then took a long breath, thinking that maybe what I saw just now was not a figment of my imagination.

The card I drew was "The Devil."

PreviousTOCNext

No comments:

Post a Comment