December 11, 2023

Fox Guard - End

The snow-white fox sat gracefully on a chair, using its paws to pick up a piece of red bean cake and stuffing it into its mouth. It swayed its big furry tail contentedly as it chewed.

"This red bean cake is pretty good. It's just that this tea is too bitter," it smacked its lips and pushed the cup of Fleeting Life tea far away from itself.

"No regrets?" I cast a sidelong glance at it.

This fox had exhausted all of its cultivation to eliminate the special powers in Tang Xiaohua that came from being the reincarnation of the prophecy flower, and also erased all her memories of the past and the former past.

On April Fools' Day, Tang Xiaohua had become a true and healthy ordinary person, while Ah-Tou had reverted to his original form and had to start from scratch.

"What's there to regret?! She's a real human now. There shouldn't be any foxes or prophecy flowers in human lives. She should go to school, fall in love, get married, and have children like any ordinary girl. That's true happiness," Ah-Tou said softly, then he gave me a pointed look and changed the topic, "I said I'll hand over Welcoming Moon Mountain to you to take care of in my absence. Look how ghastly it has become now!"

"I'm not the mountain god there," I pouted. "Besides, you're back. Although you've lost your human form, your spiritual energy remains. I officially hand over the restoration work of that mountain and the not too serious SkyRift issue to you!"

"In that case, I'll pay you half!"

"You dare!"

The two of us - a person and a fox - were chatting happily, completely ignoring the looks of extreme resentment and frustration in the eyes of Fatty and Skinny who reeked.

Alright, I admit I tricked them on April Fools' Day. I told them we were going on a spring outing, but in reality, I wanted them to play the double role of mud-diggers and divers and dig out Ah-Tou, whose primordial spirit had returned, out of the filthy and foul-smelling Welcoming Moon River. This was our agreement from a hundred years ago.

Foxes are always clever, and he had thought it through thoroughly. After struggling outside for so long, there was barely any strength left for the primordial spirit to crawl out from the bottom of the river after returning to itself. Accidentally drowning would be quite a tragedy.

"We strongly request overtime pay!" Skinny and Fatty floated over to me like a complaining woman. This time, I didn't hesitate at all. I went into the back room and fetched two gold bars, stuffing them into their hands. They simply couldn't believe my generosity. Fatty grabbed the gold bar and bit it hard N times. "It's real!" The two of them happily jumped around, holding up the gold bars and ran out.

Five minutes later, I heard several strange screams.

Fatty and Skinny ran back with distorted faces. The gold bars in their hands had turned into pitch-black crows with a pair of protruding eyes, squawking, "April Fool! April Fool!"

Yes, today is April Fools' Day. Nothing's impossible on this day, am I right? Hehe. I believe that the next time I go by Welcoming Moon Mountain, it should be bright and sunny.


Translator:

Poor Fatty and Skinny... always scammed😆

PreviousTOCNext

No comments:

Post a Comment