November 1, 2023

Lion Hunting - Part 8

"I knew you would come looking for me."

He leaped down from a tall rock, still dressed in all black. The wind tousled his hair, and the distinctive S-shaped golden mark on his forehead was particularly eye-catching.

Baili Weibu looked him in the face and unexpectedly smiled, "Your name must be fake too."

"I'm really called Kevin; Cen Kaiwen is a fabrication." His teeth were as white as seashells, and his grin was still the same, as if everything that had happened before had never occurred.

"Aren't you afraid I'll kill you?" She suddenly extended her fisted right hand and opened it, revealing a bleeding wound in the palm. Bright, firefly-like points of light scattered outward from the wound, and in the blink of an eye, they merged into a formidable bow and arrow. She nocked the arrow and drew the bow, her movements skillful and instinctive, the sharp arrowhead aimed directly at his heart.

He still smiled faintly, making no effort to run or hide.

"The bow and arrow born together with the centaurs can point out the direction of natural enemies with just a little scent from the opponent, and can also break through the maze obstacles deliberately set up by some people," she said word by word, "I finally understand why you stopped me from cutting my palm to use my bow and arrow to open up a path that day."

He remained silent, gazing at her calmly.

There was a commotion in the woods to the side, and a lion with golden fur limped out, its obsidian eyes glinting with hostility.

"What are you doing out here? Your injury hasn't healed yet," he walked over to it and asked in rebuke.

"I'm here to visit another member of the Baili family and see what other bad things they do with the arrow in their hand!" Although the lion's voice was full of anger, it was still a clear, soft, and pleasant girl's voice, "Brother[1], why bother going to such trouble to find them for the arrow wound medicine for me? I'm not afraid of pain."

Baili Weibu put down the bow and arrow. With a wave of her hand, the bow and arrow transformed into fluorescence again and darted into her palm. The wound healed rapidly, leaving only a reddish mark.

"I'm a hunter, but I don't want to hunt," she pulled out the coat he had left for her from her backpack and tossed it to him. "Don't leave your stuff lying around. If my relatives find it, they can easily locate you."

"Thank you." He smiled brightly.

His sister, still alert, lifted her haughty neck and asked, "You came just to return the jacket?"

Baili Weibu took out a small black bottle and handed it to him, saying, "My father only gave you one bottle of arrow wound medicine. I checked and found that this medicine is extracted from dozens of plants in the basement of my house. You must take a bottle every day to keep it absolutely fresh. You'll have to use it continuously for twelve days to recover completely from the arrow wound. I will bring you medicine every day from now on."

He was briefly taken aback, while his lioness sister looked at her with a mix of skepticism and surprise.

"Don't worry, my relatives won't find out," Baili Weibu shouldered her backpack and turned around before saying, "I'll find a way to break the Baili family's barrier and help you leave this place. Go as far as you can."

"Aren't you from the Baili family? Why would you do this?" the lioness asked loudly.

She turned her head to the side and replied, "The Nine-Color Sunflower will bloom on Christmas Eve. They've been waiting for this day for ten years. This time, not only my relatives but also my father won't spare you. Weiyu is getting worse by the day. My father will not watch his son die, just like your mother back then when she blocked the Flame Crystal Arrow for you."

"If I'm still alive, your brother will die." He said calmly.

Baili Weibu bit her lip, didn't reply, and walked away without looking back.

"Perhaps not all of the Bailis are bad people..." The lioness watched her retreating figure and looked up at the medicine bottle in her brother's hand, murmuring, "Much better than her sister. That timid woman ultimately deceived you and never came back to you."

"That's history, don’t mention it."

He smiled, the cold medicine bottle in his hand feeling a little warm.


[1] 哥哥: older brother to be exact.


Translator:

I won't have access to my laptop for the next two weeks. I've scheduled the releases, but the NU bot isn't picking up on my posts for some reason. I manually add the chapter. In short, I'll continue to release a new chapter every other day as usual, but you won't receive the NU notification.

PreviousTOCNext

No comments:

Post a Comment