May 27, 2024

Dragon & Tree - End

On the day of the wedding, the sun was shining brightly, and even the morning bird songs were filled with joy. However, the guys who were excitedly planning to play pranks in the bridal chamber encountered a serious problem — the groom was missing, and so was the bride.

On the table by the window in the hall, where I sit most often, there were two cups of Fleeting Life tea, still warm. There was a piece of paper under the cups, which read as follows:

Skipping the wedding and going straight to the honeymoon. Keep an eye on Unceasing, and be careful with the fire and candles. Do not disturb!

Signed: Dragon & Tree

The premeditated gossip dreams of the demons were ruthlessly shattered by us... Amen.

Now, let's move away from these sorrowful faces harboring ulterior motives.

In the desert of Egypt, Ao Chi led me, and I led a silly camel, walking leisurely under a setting sun.

Smooth golden yellow sand dunes with ups and downs stretched long and unbroken in our view, creating the most breathtaking scene with the simplest color blocks.

As we continued walking, I suddenly acted coquettish: "I can't walk anymore! Carry me..."

"You're sick! There's a camel right next to you, but you want me to carry you?" He glared at me.

"Is the camel my husband or are you my husband?" I raised my voice.

"I am... ahem... alright." He bent down, pointing to his back, "Come up."

I jumped on him gleefully, my laughter exceptionally joyful.

"I have a question for you. When you became Fatty and Skinny, you were a great cook. Could it be that..."

"To be honest, your husband here is good in social situations, adept in the kitchen, skilled in fixing computers, and can beat up hoodlums![1] You just never bothered to seriously understand me before, always playing rebellious and fighting with me! Humph!"

"I understand now... er... then from today, I'll delegate all the cooking authority to you!"

"Save it! Let's take turns, so it's fair!"

"Okay, okay... By the way, let's open a shop in Cairo too. How about selling ice cream?"

"Can you please calm down for a moment? It's our honeymoon period! Once you open a shop, who knows what kind of weirdos you'll meet again."

"Yeah... Oh, by the way, there's something I've been meaning to tell you."

"What?"

The afterglow of the sunset illuminated my face. I pressed my warm lips against his hot ears, saying—

"I'm sorry. I love you."

These words had been buried for far too long; I hope they'll always remain within their shelf life.

By the way, that small store called Unceasing has permanently closed down. The lady boss named Shaluo has disappeared without a trace, and rumor has it that she was abducted by a man. Nowadays, Unceasing has become an inn and a gathering place for demons, and even today, passersby occasionally catch a whiff of the sweet aroma coming from inside. Some of its former customers still talk about how delicious the desserts were, how beautiful and quirky the proprietress was, and how foolish and sleazy the two assistants, one fat and one thin, were.

However, what is most talked about is a type of tea in Unceasing. It's very, very bitter, but after the bitterness, it leaves behind a deep and lasting sweetness.

Interesting drink.

That cup of tea has a peculiar name — Fleeting Life.

Without tasting bitterness, how can one know sweetness?

Life itself is a journey of joys and sorrows shared.

The difference is that some people have companions and confidants, while others do not.

Those without love are always lonely even amidst bustling crowds.

Those with love are never lonely even wandering the ends of the earth and braving storms.

I think I don't need to keep running around anymore, because I have found the place where I most want to stop and smile. ^-^


[1] Ao Chi says 你老公我,出得厅堂入得厨房,修得电脑打得流氓!The literal translation is: "I, your husband, can step into the hall and enter the kitchen, fix computers, and fight rogues!" This line is humorous, and to understand why, read this Baidu entry, followed by this page.

PreviousTOCNext

No comments:

Post a Comment