April 13, 2023

IDYTRAA - Extra 28

Extra 28 Seven year itch


They've been married for seven years.

Lin Mu inquired of Tian Yuan on this day.

"Don't you find him irritating?"

Tian Yuan collected his belongings and prepared to leave work. It was their wedding anniversary today, and they wanted to celebrate by eating delicious food for free, which meant they were going to Zhang Hui's.

Tian Yuan was absolutely baffled.

"Huh? Why would I find him irritating?"

Lin Mu inhaled a drag from his cigarette.

"He'll lecture you, possibly because you smoked again, skipped a meal, or didn't get enough sleep, and tell you that you're ruining your health. Don't you find it annoying?"

"But he's doing it for my own good. Is this how your man scolds you?"

Lin Mu frowned.

"He nags me all day; it annoys me to no end."

"Yet you'll feel uneasy if he's not around, chattering. Am I correct?"

Lin Mu gave a nod.

"That's correct. When he didn't return home the other day, I felt something was wrong."

He laughed a bit.

"Leizi is more vexing than he is. If you're late coming off work, he'll question you right away, and if you don't go home, he'll track you down, won't he?"

"That isn't even the worst of it. He can nag for three hours and keep questioning if I eat two bowls of rice for dinner yesterday but only one and a half today due to snacking in the hospital. He scolded me for two hours because I slept an hour late. After that episode, I didn't dare to stay up late for a month. There is nothing he does not want to participate in, whether it is taking care of what I want to wear or what I want to eat."

"You've been married for seven years right."

"Yeah."

"Can you put up with him nagging you like this every day? It’s been seven years. Don't you find it annoying?"

"Sometimes I think he manages too much, but I'm used to it."

Lin Mu prodded Tian Yuan with a smirk.

"It's known as the "seven-year itch." Haven't you become tired of him after seven years of marriage? Do you feel like your life is boring and devoid of passion?"

Tian Yuan gave him a rundown.

"It’s pretty good if he can spend one week a month at home with me. Let’s see, even if he stays at home for one week every month, calculating for twelve months, it means eighty-four days a year at home, which is less than three months. So in seven years, we’ve only been together for 588 days, or one year and seven and a half months. Seven years? It will take a long time before it is really seven years. It's in the far future. We’re still newlyweds."

Lin Mu was completely speechless.

What a brilliant way of counting the years.

"There is never enough time for the two of us.  We'd love to stay at home and be bored together, but there are few days of the year when we are together. I'm going to leave. Pan Lei said that he’ll be here in five minutes. We'll be celebrating our wedding anniversary."

Tian Yuan left in a cheerful mood. Lin Mu rubbed his chin. He shouldn't have yelled "Get the hell out of here! You’re annoying me with your micromanagement!" at Chen Ze yesterday.

Chen Ze called at the usual hour.

"Are you off work, honey? I've come to pick you up."

Lin Mu simply followed along and went downstairs.

"Let’s go. I'm craving wontons today; make some for me."


Translator:

[Full of dog food].jpg

Previous     TOC

Next

No comments:

Post a Comment