April 4, 2023

IDYTRAA - Extra 22

Extra 22 About love letters


Miss Wang sent Pan Lei a love letter. Do you remember Miss Wang; the girl who desired to be abducted up the mountain stronghold and become Bandit Chief Pan Lei’s wife?

Miss Wang completely gave up after Pan Lei's grand wedding.

Pan Lei then got a love letter from the city one day.

Tian Yuan received this love letter.

Tian Yuan's heart began to brew as a pink envelope with a subtle aroma of gardenia was placed on the table. You guessed it! It was a sour brew.

"Be honest, what's up between you and that girl?"

Pan Lei was wrongfully accused. What a shocking injustice. Who knows what strange sh!t that girl is thinking.

"What can I possibly have going on with her? When I was young, I played games with her and often kidnapped her up the mountain to be my Mrs. Bandit, that’s all. Who knew she’d still think like this after we grew up? Didn't you notice when we went to the military compound, that I went around her house? I’m afraid you’re thinking wildly. My mother told me the day before yesterday that this girl was being chased by someone, and I felt relieved. I never expected her to write such a letter. If you don’t believe me, open the letter and read it for yourself."

"Whatever. You messed around when you were a kid, and it’s come back to bite you now that you’re older. As if I’d read it! It’s impolite to peek at private letters."

"We are a couple, so there is no such thing as private between us. Read it. I’ll open it so you can see for yourself."

He tore open the letter and handed it to Tian Yuan, who looked away angrily. Pan Lei quickly turned his head back and handed the letter to him.

"Ancestor, don't be angry; just see what she says."

Tian Yuan was also intrigued by what the young lady had said to Pan Lei. He took the letter and started reading it.

It said:

You are the sun I've been looking up to, with the most brilliant radiance. Whether it’s the sunrise in the morning that makes people fascinated, the scorching glow at noon, or the infatuation with the setting sun as it rests in the west, I admire every aspect. My sun, you now have the other half of your life, and you also belong to someone else. Although I don't want to give you up, I still bear the agony in my heart and silently wish you well and hope you are happy.

"Sore, toothache sore! Vulgar, unbearably vulgar! She must be a primary school graduate!"

Tian Yuan jumped up and flung the letter down. What the hell was "my sun"? Even if Pan Lei is a little cosmos, he belongs to me now. It's none of her business!

"Yeah, it's quite sour."

The air was full of the smell of Shanxi old mature vinegar[1], and his baby’s fur had exploded.

Tian Yuan was unbearably angry.

"Laozi’s writing is a thousand times better than hers. Such lousy writing skills and yet she dares to write a love letter?! Humph! My female elementary school classmate's love letter was better than this."

Pan Lei picked the love letter and tore it to shreds before hugging Tian Yuan.

"Baby, so you wrote a love letter to a little girl when you were a kid, but you haven't written one to me yet. We are married and I’m your husband. You should write a love letter to me too."

"Fine, I’ll write! Who is afraid of whom? Laozi writes far better than her!"

"I look forward to it."

Half an hour later, Tian Yuan handed Pan Lei a letter sprinkled with cologne.

Pan Lei couldn't wait to open it.

The love letter was brief.

"Pan Lei, you belong to laozi, and no one can take you away. If anyone dares to think of my man, laozi will fight them to the death. Remember; laozi will live and die with you."

Pan Lei hugged Tian Yuan, who was feeling a little shy and awkward.

"Yes, I am yours in this life, baby. Noone can take me away."


Footnotes:

[1] TY says "酸" which can mean both sore and sour among other things. Shanxi Old Mature Vinegar is one of the four famous vinegar in China. It has a history of more than 3,000 years and is known as "the best vinegar in the world." hahaha…


Translator:

Aww💘

Previous     TOC

Next

1 comment: