April 26, 2023

IDYTRAA - Extra 38

Extra 38 Do me a favor, buddy


"Lin Mu, we grew up together; don’t drop the ball at this critical time. I recall you wearing skirts when you were young, and I also recall we took a group photo. You looked gorgeous in skirts at the time. I’m sure Chen Ze has no idea. Do you want me to show him the photo?"

"You f*cking ba$tard."

Lin Mu was itching to use his scalpel on Pan Lei.

Pan Lei chuckled.

"I remember you playing games as well."

"Yeah."

"Are you familiar with the game my baby is playing?"

Lin Mu tutted and proudly raised his chin.

"It's the game I quit on when my level reached the eighties. It became boring, so I switched to another game."

"That’s great. Do me a favor and login to the game tonight to help me in chopping my baby to go offline."

Lin Mu nearly choked on his own saliva and stared at him, dumbfounded.

He expected Pan Lei to suggest something along the lines of, "Give your account to my baby and let him play by himself. It will save him the time and effort required to level up." But, to his surprise, Pan Lei intended to cut Tian Yuan off the line? He wanted him to attack Tian Yuan instead of defend him? Pan Lei, what are you thinking?

"He's been playing the game nonstop for the past few days. He has symptoms of frozen shoulder and cervical spondylosis, but he continues to play. And when I see that woman, Miss Whatever, I become annoyed. What the hell is she doing fluttering around my baby all the time? So that woman decided she'd butt in and be the third party because I'm not at his side for long periods of time? Screw that. The more I think about it, the crazier I become. Attack him. Make him abandon this game entirely. All I want is for him to quit playing."

Lin Mu couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry.

"You're jealous."

"Laozi can’t be f*cking jealous? I didn’t come home for a week, and when I did, he ignored me! All he could think of was the computer. Wouldn't you blow up if the one in your house ignored you to play on his own?"

"Laozi will directly smash the computer."

"Exactly. I must also do something about it. Hold on, I'll call Lan Ting. He is also a gaming expert, the captain of our information team, and a computer engineer."

Pan Lei spoke with Lan Ting. It was a complete coincidence that the captain of the information team also played this game, and his level was really high.

They planned to attack Tian Yuan around eight o'clock that night.

Tian Yuan had no idea what lay ahead of him. Pan Lei did not exhibit any abnormalities. He did the dishes after dinner and sat next to Tian Yuan when the time came. Mn, it's eight o'clock.

As expected, Tian Yuan logged into the game happily. On the screen, a female character dressed in scant pink garments ran around Tian Yuan's game character, walking all the way to some city.

In less than two minutes, a man named Mu Xiu Yu Lin[1] pursued them, followed by another Lan Ting Xiang Wan[2]. They began to cut down the female character in the skimpy pink clothing without saying anything.

"Huh? That's not right. We’re not attacking the city today. Who is this?"

Tian Yuan was flustered. The character in pink's health bar was totally depleted in less than five seconds, before he could react. One of the men used healing spells to revive her, and the other killed her again in three seconds. She was resurrected countless times and then immediately insta-killed countless times.

In the game channel, Little Zhang wailed, "No, no, no, I'm dead, I'm out of blood, I can't get on, I can't survive!"

Little Zhang was forced offline.

F*cking beautiful!

Pan Lei was laughing wildly in his head, wishing he could hammer the table in celebration. Damn! His buddies did it spectacularly! Superb execution! This murderous aura, as well as the arrogance of ba$tards, was expressed powerfully and fabulously!

The two game characters turned to face Tian Yuan before he could react.

Tian Yuan quickly controlled his character to flee, but he was no match for them. He was unable to escape at all.

Mu Xiu Yu Lin was merciless and attacked him several times. Tian Yuan, a noob player with zero counterattack abilities, died instantly. After adding blood to resurrect him, Lan Ting Xiang Wan killed him in a single attack, then resurrected him and killed him again.

Tian Yuan was so frightened that he hurriedly exited the game. When he felt his brow, he discovered it was drenched in sweat.

Who were these people? Didn’t they know the established rules? How can a high-level player maliciously bully a low-level player? Which guild were they a part of? Yet when he asked, no one knew who they were. According to some old players, the players at this level were all those who had been playing for a long time and were at God level.

Tian Yuan tried again, but the second he logged in, Mu Xiu Yu Lin insta-killed him once more.

"Stop playing. Look how miserably you’re dying."

"My equipment, my health bar! I finally made it to level 30, and they cut me down to level 20."

Tian Yuan was howling miserably. He felt extremely sorry for himself. Losing a battle meant losing a level. He’d grinded hard to level up, but he’d lost most of his progress.

"Help me grind. You train so hard and all, this is surely a mere trifle for you."

Pan Lei frowned.

"I never play games. I'm not sure how to play this either. Try again; see what happens after you login."

That's right! He didn't offend anyone, so why was he hacked to death? He re-entered the game and waited five minutes. Nobody attacked him. Tian Yuan had barely let out a sigh of relief when Lan Ting Xiang Wan delivered a fatal blow from behind.

Tian Yuan was directly sent back to level 5, where he was not much stronger than a baby.

"I, I, I..."

Tian Yuan was totally dumbfounded and stared at the screen.

Mu Xiu Yu Lin struck once again, and Tian Yuan dropped to level 0.

Kicked to go offline!

Hahaha, success!

Pan Lei wanted to hit his thigh and burst out laughing. Freaking awesome! These two allies are too powerful.

"I’ll never play this stupid game again. How can they bully people like this?"

Tian Yuan was on the verge of crying. He was severely bullied tonight. He was beaten back to square one after working hard for over a month.

He was horribly abused. He never wanted to play games again.

Pan Lei wrapped his arms around Tian Yuan and patted him on the back.

"Isn't it only a game, darling? If you don't want to play, don't. Download Crossfire tomorrow; I’ll play it with you every day. We’re allowed to play this thing internally, so I’ve got you covered."

Pan Lei kissed him on the brow.

"Baby, if I have time, I’ll take you to play Crossfire in the evenings to keep you company. Team up with me, and you will be invincible. Isn’t that awesome? Don't be sad. Take a shower and go to bed. Be good."

Tian Yuan was depressed as hell. Wtf happened? He couldn't figure it out.

"A game I finally liked."

"I'll play new ones with you, it's the same. Listen to me, darling."

Tian Yuan pouted.

"This game is too hateful, and the people in it are also very hateful. I'm never going to play this game again."

Really? That’s exactly what I want.

Tian Yuan pushed the computer away peevishly and went to take a shower. Pan Lei grabbed his phone and stepped outside to make a phone call.

"Yo, buddy, let me buy you a drink. Too wonderful!"

"This is nothing; it was far too easy to destroy them."

The big league wins! Oh, yeah!

Tian Yuan was quite depressed. What would he do in the evenings when Pan Lei wasn’t home?

His baby's dispirited appearance made Pan Lei feel sorry for him. It was true that his nightlife was extremely dull. He was a quiet person in the first place, so he couldn't possibly go clubbing and drinking, and neither was he allowed to. How about playing mahjong, you ask? No thanks; he didn’t want to turn Tian Yuan into a little gambler, and there weren’t enough players. Although living in the same neighborhood, all of their buddies had something to do, and if nothing else, they would definitely want to spend their leisure time being lovey-dovey. Inviting them to play once or twice was good, but doing so too frequently would disturb others, which was bad. Should Tian Yuan go to the military compound and live with Pan Lei’s parents? Tian Yuan always found it too troublesome.

Pan Lei was completely opposed to Tian Yuan working overtime every day. He wanted to find some entertainment for Tian Yuan so that while he was gone, Tian Yuan would be engaged in the evenings and not feel lonely. It would be ideal if it could also improve the couple's relationship.

Pan Lei, who had been frowning in thought, suddenly beamed.

"Baby, I’m going to the army. I’ll be back in a jiffy."

"Oh, you're leaving again? You've only been back for a few days."

We have scarcely spent any time together and he’s gone again. Tian Yuan's mouth immediately pouted.

"Good boy; I'll be back in two hours."

Pan Lei gave him a quick hug and kiss before sprinting downstairs. Tian Yuan was perplexed as to why he was in such a rush and fled without saying anything.

When Pan Lei was home, the house was alive with activity. He abruptly left, and there was a sense of loneliness in the air. Tian Yuan relaxed on the sofa, pushing the remote control buttons to change channels, but he was restless. If Pan Lei was home, they would both burst out laughing while watching the commercials.

He couldn't adjust to Pan Lei's sudden departure even after being married for so long.

Two hours of lying unmoving on the sofa? That's a long time.

Pan Lei, your uncle! Missed while not around, and annoying when there. Why are you such a ba$tard?!

Pan Lei rushed to the military base and ransacked Lan Ting’s office, the captain of the information team. Lan Ting fought him desperately, but he couldn’t beat the tall and strong Pan Lei. Lan Ting collapsed on the office desk after colliding with Pan Lei’s arm.


Footnotes:

[1] Lin (林) Mu's (木) game ID. 木秀于林 translates to "Beautiful tree in the forest" and is a metaphor for someone of outstanding ability or character.

[2] 兰 亭 向 晚 translates to "Orchid(Lan) Pavilion(ting) towards/faces evening." The characters in the name Lan(蓝) Ting(庭) are different.


Translator:

If TY had known Lin Mu was a gamer, he could have guessed Mu Xiu Yu Lin's true identity. It would have been so much fun to read the ensuing fireworks~

Previous     TOC

Next

No comments:

Post a Comment