October 9, 2026

Chapter 58: Candor

Lin Jianlu panicked.

It was good to have a Fierce A, but too much sex could also be torturous.

As if with a hint of teasing and joking, Xie Wang stared at him for a few seconds, his gaze tinged with understanding. Then, he let out a long "Ohhh."

"What… What did you understand now?" Lin Jianlu had a bad feeling.

Xie Wang was really interpreting him, and worse, his interpretation was entirely self-driven and out of control.Work stolen from https://chipoholictranslations.blogspot.com/p/homepage.html

The next second, Xie Wang grabbed his hand and pulled him toward the bathroom.

Pinned against the sink by his alpha, Lin Jianlu found both his hands restrained. Xie Wang pressed him down, forcing him to lean over the sink. His hand slipped under Lin Jianlu's shirt, threatening to do something more outrageous.

The light aroma of red wine in the air was enough to make one's head spin.

"Xie Wang," Lin Jianlu gritted his teeth, calling out the other's name. "Get out!"

Xie Wang's actions briefly paused.

Lin Jianlu's voice sounded oddly nice and very hot when he told him to get lost.

A new trick, huh. He hadn't seen it before. Should he just carry on or wait a bit longer?

"I didn't mean to..." Lin Jianlu broke free of his grasp. "Can you please stop acting on your own assumptions? I just accidentally spilled the red wine."

Lin Jianlu added, "I only slept for three hours last night, and I didn't even have time to finish my assignments. Can you let me rest for a while?"

Xie Wang looked at him and suddenly smiled.

The alpha made no effort to conceal his amusement.

Lin Jianlu was dumbfounded for a moment.

When he spoke like this, he sounded frustrated but also a little helpless. His tone was neither cold nor distant, completely unlike his usual cold beauty image.

And Xie Wang—

Xie Wang didn't seem the least bit surprised. He was smiling faintly, waiting patiently for him to finish speaking.

"You..." Lin Jianlu started, his voice filled with disbelief. He didn't dare continue.

How is that possible?

If Xie Wang had seen through his little thoughts all along, then...

He didn't dare think about it.

"I told you," Xie Wang said with a smile. "I'm not so useless that I can't satisfy you."

Realizing the meaning behind his words, Lin Jianlu's cheeks and the tips of his ears burned hot.

"Let's go." Xie Wang casually switched to a different tie and said, "Let's go out. I'll find you a clean shirt."

The omega, face flushed and steps unsteady, slowly trailed behind Xie Wang as they left the bathroom.

The cuffs of Lin Jianlu's shirt were still stained with wine. As they exited, they happened to bump into Xie Wang's father.

"On such an important day as your engagement, what kind of nonsense are you up to?" Father Xie misunderstood the situation, glaring harshly at Xie Wang. "Treat him well, and stop messing around."

"I know. I'm treating him very well," Xie Wang replied with a grin.

Lin Jianlu passed through the crowd of guests with Xie Wang, leaving the banquet hall together. Xie Wang brought him back to his room.

As usual, Xie Wang piled a small mountain of snacks in front of him. The alpha didn't press him with questions, merely waited in silence for Lin Jianlu to speak.

"You…" Lin Jianlu hesitated for a long time before finally asking, "When did you find out?"

Xie Wang raised an eyebrow: "Find out what?"

Xie Wang: "That you've been secretly pulling my strings, treating me like a fish on your hook, driving me out of control just to keep me close? That sleeping with me the first time was just to secure a complete mark? That you look cold and well-behaved, but in fact, there's a car zooming super fast in your head? Which one are you asking about?"

Lin Jianlu drew back a step, leaning against the door of Xie Wang's room. He looked so nervously at the alpha in front of him that even his eyelashes were trembling slightly.

How could this be?

It was as if his carefully crafted façade had been suddenly stripped away, leaving him completely exposed under the alpha's scrutinizing gaze. He wanted to defend himself but was utterly at a loss for words.

How did Xie Wang know everything? It was almost unbelievable.

And if he knew everything, why would Xie Wang bother… to marry someone like him?

"Don't be so nervous." Xie Wang didn't know whether to laugh or cry at Lin Jianlu's reaction, standing stiffly against the wall. "I just want to talk to you openly so I won't misinterpret your intentions in the future. I'm not here to scold you."

Lin Jianlu: "In the future?"

They still have a future?

Even after knowing everything about him, Xie Wang still didn't want to stay away from him.

"From now on, could you just tell me directly what you want?" Xie Wang asked with a good temper. "Don't make me keep guessing, YoYo."

"I haven't always made you guess," Lin Jianlu mumbled defensively. "You're the one who…"

Unconsciously, his tone carried a hint of complaint.

"Lin Jianlu." Xie Wang abruptly pulled him into his arms, holding him tightly. "I like you. I'm willing to guess. Whatever you're like, it doesn't matter—I love Lin Jianlu."

Lin Jianlu was stunned.

He tilted his head up, staring blankly at the alpha man in front of him. He had always assumed Xie Wang would prefer a pure and cold omega.

"You like... me like this?"

"What makes you think I like the pure and cold type?" Xie Wang said, half-laughing, half-exasperated.

Before he was reborn, he once thought that he hated that type.

"Whether you're pure and cold, scheming, or standing here confused and completely out of sorts like now, I like you all the same. Do you get it now?" Xie Wang said softly, "YoYo, I almost missed you."

What does that mean? Lin Jianlu raised his head slightly.

But Xie Wang didn't elaborate. Instead, he just held him tightly, as if he were clinging to something precious he thought he'd lost.

"Thank god," Xie Wang murmured repeatedly.

Lin Jianlu didn't understand.

But somehow, Xie Wang knew exactly who he was, and still liked him as before.

"How did you find out?" Lin Jianlu finally asked.

Xie Wang knew he'd used every means possible to trick him and yet, he still wanted to be with him?

"Because I want you." Xie Wang smiled. "Even when you wouldn't say it, I went along with it anyway. YoYo, this isn't just us using each other anymore. We're in love."

Lin Jianlu was left speechless by what he said.

Xie Wang knew everything, had watched him put on his little performances for so long, and had… played along, even teasing him back in unexpected ways.Work stolen from https://chipoholictranslations.blogspot.com/p/homepage.html

This A was so wicked.

Lin Jianlu was mortified, yet he couldn't muster any real anger.

"As for how I found out…" Xie Wang's phone suddenly rang.

"Yes? Now? You're asking me to go to Yanxing Media? Not tomorrow morning—right now? Sure, I'll bring him along," Xie Wang said into the phone.

"What's going on?" Lin Jianlu asked.

"Your manager's at my company demanding answers," Xie Wang replied calmly.

Just as it had happened in his previous life, after registering their marriage, Lin Jianlu had immediately sent a photo of the certificate to his manager for disclosure.

Half an hour later, the couple arrived at Yanxing Media.

From a distance, Lin Jianlu spotted his manager demanding an explanation in the office.

"Ancestor, what did you do?" Sun Lei began complaining the moment he saw Xie Wang. "Please tell me it's not true."

Xie Wang: "It's true. We're planning to get married soon, right after Lin Jianlu finishes his Seeking Sound competition."

Sun Lei: "..."

"Too fast," Lin Jianlu's manager objected. "We won't be able to put together a PR strategy on such short notice."

"That's easy. Just say it's a childhood betrothal that turned into a marriage," Xie Wang said, recycling the same PR plan they had used in his previous life. "I'll give you the detailed strategy."

The two agents: "..."

"Lin Jianlu, are you really sure you want to get married this early?" his manager asked. "Your career is just taking off. You have boundless prospects, and in the future you'll meet many better…"

The manager shot a glare at Xie Wang before bluntly finishing: "You'll meet many better alphas."

Xie Wang: "I've already marked him. There's no better alpha."

Lin Jianlu: "Mhm!"

There was no other alpha like Xie Wang, whose every move and gesture could arouse his urges.

"If I'd known this would happen, I wouldn't have let him take the role in Hidden Blade," his manager lamented. Turning to Xie Wang, she added, "Will you treat him well?"

"Don't worry," Xie Wang said, his tone steady. "I've liked him for a long time—long before any of this. I know how hard it is to have him, and I'll treat YoYo well."

The manager still seemed uneasy, but she said no more.

As they left Sun Lei's office, Lin Jianlu's ears were still ringing with the words Xie Wang had just said.

"When we were filming Hidden Blade, we had only just met, right?" Lin Jianlu asked. "Da Wang, when did you… start liking me?"

Xie Wang: "Take a guess."

"Was it during Seeking Sound?"

"No."

Lin Jianlu thought for a moment. "Don't tell me… it was at your graduation ceremony?"

Xie Wang looked at him deeply. "Still no."

Lin Jianlu was bewildered. Before then, he had never even seen Xie Wang.

"Then…"

"I'll tell you a story," Xie Wang said. "Do you want to hear it?"

Lin Jianlu nodded.

Xie Wang began. "Once upon a time, there was an alpha who met a cold and beautiful omega at an event. For some reason, he couldn't help himself and went up to start a conversation."

"He and the omega gradually got to know each other. Although the omega's attitude was indifferent, he always found excuses to get closer and exchange a few more words. Then one day, he somehow lost control and slept with the omega, even completely marking them," Xie Wang continued.

Lin Jianlu listened carefully, and he went on.

"The next day, after the alpha sobered up, the omega's family went to his house to demand marriage, insisting he take responsibility. So, he married the omega," Xie Wang said, his voice steady but tinged with subtle emotion. "The alpha was someone who loved his freedom and felt trapped by the marriage. He made sarcastic comments about the omega, but he couldn't resist the temptation of the omega's body."

Lin Jianlu felt a faint pang in his chest: "And then?"

"Over time, he started to fall for the omega—but he didn't realize it. The feeling of losing control of both his heart and body was hard for him to take. He lashed out with cruel words and acted like a beast," Xie Wang continued. "That omega probably felt very sad and unhappy."

Lin Jianlu: "It's fine. If he likes Fierce A or dirty talk, he must actually be very happy."

Xie Wang shot him a look.

Startled, Lin Jianlu froze and immediately covered his mouth.

However, Xie Wang had a "I knew it" expression, as if he was not too surprised by what he blurted out.

Lin Jianlu gestured for him to continue, his curiosity written all over his face.

"And then?" He asked Xie Wang with his eyes.

Xie Wang: "Maybe the omega didn't love him and was unhappy."

"Their marriage dragged on, day after day—one was cold and silent, the other loved but unwittingly. Until one day…" Xie Wang paused, looking deeply into Lin Jianlu's eyes. "The alpha found that time had rewound itself, and he was back to when he was 22."

Lin Jianlu stared at Xie Wang in shock.

Xie Wang said softly, "At his graduation ceremony, he met his wife who was only 19 and made a mistake filling in an information form."

Lin Jianlu felt it sounded oddly familiar. Then it hit him—the information form he had handed Xie Wang, on which Xie Wang had mistakenly marked his marital status as "married."

"Once again, he couldn't resist getting close to you… that omega. He finally realized just how much he liked him," Xie Wang continued, his tone quiet but warm. "Using his familiarity with this omega, he discovered that his wife isn't as cold and distant as he thought. Instead, he was full of meticulous little schemes. He's both naughty and adorable."

A hint of astonishment flashed in Lin Jianlu's eyes.

"I'm just telling you for fun," Xie Wang said with a faint smile. "It's an incredible story. You don't need to take it seriously. Just forget it once you've heard it."

The company windows were slightly open, letting in a breeze that carried a hint of warmth, as if signaling that winter was nearing its end.

Xie Wang removed his jacket, draping it over his arm as he led Lin Jianlu into one of Yanxing Media's lounges.

"Da Wang," Lin Jianlu said suddenly, his voice soft. "Do you know my mother?"

Xie Wang nodded: "Tian Xiyu, a zither player. She has already..."

"Already passed away," Lin Jianlu confirmed, his tone carrying a faint sadness. "My mother once forcibly took me away from Lin Ming and gave me a different name. She called me Lin Jiale."

This was a name that had not yet been used as he was dragged back to the Lin family before he could change it.

Lin Jianlu: "Only I remember this unused name. I've always thought… if one day I meet someone I love, I'll tell them this name."

"I haven't had the chance to tell you this name yet," Lin Jianlu said softly. "But that day, when you fully marked me... you called me 'LeLe.'"

That day, he'd been crying uncontrollably, yet he hadn't missed the name.

Xie Wang abruptly turned around, looking at his omega in stunned disbelief.

LeLe—that was the name Lin Jianlu had casually told him before he was reborn.

"I just found it strange," Lin Jianlu continued. "You know the way to the Lin Residence, and you're familiar with the parrot in their living room and how it likes to have its feathers stroked."

Moreover, he had damaged the lock to his room a bit, so he had to press the door firmly when closing the door. That day, Xie Wang had paused for a second when closing the door, obviously aware of this.

Xie Wang knew his little habits, his hobbies, and even... knew every one of his sensitive spots.

And their pheromone compatibility—no test strip could measure it to two decimal places.

"Haha," Xie Wang let out a dry laugh.

There was also the PR strategy Xie Wang proposed just now. It was so detailed and polished that it couldn't possibly have been whipped up in just a day or two.

"Maybe the omega in your story didn't not love you," Lin Jianlu said, lowering his gaze, his eyelashes trembling slightly. "He just… didn't want to confess that he'd fallen in love with you."

It was actually a very good story, and it won him over completely.Work stolen from https://chipoholictranslations.blogspot.com/p/homepage.html

All the puzzles seemed to have been solved at this moment.

"Really? Then that alpha should be overjoyed," Xie Wang murmured, pulling Lin Jianlu into his arms. "Because they found each other again."

Lin Jianlu was held so tightly he could hardly breathe, yet he couldn't bring himself to push Xie Wang away. The alpha's presence surrounded him, his scent burning so close that Lin Jianlu instinctively parted his lips to draw in a shallow breath.

Xie Wang, now a pro in interpreting Lin Jianlu's subtle cues, easily understood what he wanted. The alpha's hand slipped under Lin Jianlu's shirt, his fingers pressing firmly into his waist.

Lin Jianlu struggled a bit, his head tilted back just a little, and the light in his amber eyes shimmered like liquid gold, a hint of mischief playing at the corners of his lips.

Xie Wang laughed softly.

"YoYo," he murmured, pulling Lin Jianlu closer and lifting him onto the table. "Tell me what you want me to do."

"I want you to…" Lin Jianlu hesitated, his face flushing crimson. A second later, he raised his right hand and lightly tugged on Xie Wang's tie, whispering, "Kiss me."

"As you wish." Xie Wang lowered his head and pressed him into his arms.
 

Translator:

Da Wang, you can't one-up the straight-A student even if you're reborn.

I love this chapter. Two people circling around each other suddenly laying all their cards on the table? [Where are the smelling salts.jpg] Oooo, I wish the author had stuck to direct speech as YoYo revealed his doubts about Da Wang and then describing Da Wang going, 'Holy crap! My wife can still trick me.' lol. I was sooo tempted to turn that part into dialogue peppered with Da Wang's reactions. Gotta say, I did not see that candid talk coming. I thought the author would cover it in the extras.

Previous ┃ TOC ┃ Next

No comments:

Post a Comment